Traditional Chinese medicine is a complex, integrated holistic therapy system going back thousands of years. Acupuncture is an important element of TCM along with moxibustion, medicinal therapy und Chinese nutrition.
The goal of TCM is to bring the life energy Qi into flow returning balance to Yin und Yang. With help of the Chinese tongue and pulse diagnostic, an individual assessment according to TCM principles can be made followed up with (when indicated) an acupuncture treatment and other supplements (moxa, electric therapy, cupping).
The World Health Organisation (WHO) recognizes acupuncture for treating the following disorders and diseases:
- Illnesses of the musculoskeletal system and supporting system. (orthopedic)
- Neurological diseases- headaches, migraines, paralysis, etc.
- Physical and psychosomatic dysfunctions- addictions, sleep disturbances, exhaustion, restlessness, etc.
- Illnesses of the lungs and bronchia- bronchitis, asthma
- Allergy infections and hay fever
- Cardio – vascular diseases-. disturbance of blood circulation, functional heart diseases
- Illnesses of the gastro intestinal tract- gastritis, nausea, diarrhea, M. Crohn etc.
- Illnesses of the kidneys and urinary tract- bladder infections, incontinence, ect…
- Gynecologic illnesses- climacteric complaints, menstrual cramps, antenatal care
- Illnesses of the ears-nose and throat -. dizziness, tinnitus, sinusitis (paranasal)
- Illnesses of the eyes- conjunctivis (pinkeye), glaucoma, impaired vision
- Illnesses of the skin- neurodermatitis, eczema, psoriasis
- Every kind of pain and immune system deficiency